Saturday, June 11, 2016

Littles Grow Bigger

With Annia now taking over more of the kitchen duties, she began to change the kitchen into her own.


When Lilith was at the sea, Genesis had worked hard at adding extra flowers, trying to create the desert garden his mother was striving for.


Genesis doted on Atticus and spent every moment he could with his son.


"Mother, I wish to go into the city to play my lyre."


"I'm not sure it's fitting for a well bred young woman to do that, Delilah," Genesis objected.

"Genesis, that is not the way I taught you," Lilith reprimanded.

"Mother, the others in the town would heap scorn on her."

"Very well," huffed Lilith. "Jair and I will accompany her."



Lilith thought getting old was the hardest thing she had ever done. Her bones had settled in to aching frequently.


"Mother, thank you for supporting me."


Delilah was talented and drew the attention of many that offered coins. Lilith couldn't help but note much of the attention was from men. But Delilah had no desire to leave the home, mate or bear young. So long as Lilith drew breath, no one would force her daughter against her wishes.




"Tirzah, are you fishing again today?"

"Yes, Annia, but today I am going into town with Mother, Delilah and Jair. I will fish at the pond in town.





Atticus outgrew his swaddling clothes and developed the Insider trait with the aspiration to be a Social Butterfly.


And Varinia blossomed into her teen years, with the new trait Active and the aspiration to be The Curator.


 Lilith appreciated rather than resented the changes Annia was making around the house. She enjoyed using the new finer kitchen.


"The other boys say that I will rule this house one day."

"Don't let it go to your head, Atticus. You'll never tell me what to do."


Sometimes Lilith felt a little lost, even in her own house. It frightened her.


 Whereas Varinia used to gather to help out her grandmother, it was now her passion.


"Mother, are you well?" Annia inquired.


"Yes, my child. I just have these weak spells now and again. But don't fret. I have a lot of life in me yet."



 "Aunt Delilah, one day I shall be master of this house."

Jair and Delilah thought Atticus was a bit to preoccupied with these thoughts.





Tirzah fished every moment she could. She dreamed of fishing again at the sea.


Jair wrote every moment he could. He completed another story: The Tortoise and the Hare*


As part of the upper class, there was enough hours to be ladies of leisure: sitting about to visit on the padded chairs and family meals with fine foods.





 "Vaninia, the boys say..."

"Stuff it, Atticus."




 The family decided to host a dinner party, inviting Tahash and his family.




Tirzah became better acquainted with Yejide's younger brother, Kojo.



"I think that went fairly well and the food was smashing, don't you think?" Jair inquired.

"I'm not really the dinner party sort though," Genesis complained.


What are you thinking, Mother?"


"I am thinking that Kojo and Tirzah appeared to be rather interested in each other."

"Tahash told me that they are building a new home for himself, Yejide and their boys. Kojo is now old enough to help his father with the household. Kojo will inherit his father's home."

"And Tirzah would enjoy living by the sea to fish. She'll not be pushed into anything. This is her decision, Genesis."


*Excellent
Delilah has now earned a total of $1038 in playing the violin.
Frog collection completed.

No comments:

Post a Comment