Saturday, May 21, 2016

Tahash Takes a Bride

Annia was disappointed that she was not carrying another babe in her belly. She feared that she might be barren after Varinia's birth.


Lilith places Jair's painting of Genesis and his family next to the one of Genesis, her and Adam.


Tirzah had grown up into a lovely teen with the Aspiration: Angling Ace and the new trait: Dance Machine.


When Lilith went out to collect, a strange man stopped her...


"Are you the one called Lilith?"

"Yes, I am. And you are called?"

"I am Kwadwo. I have a daughter of marrying age. I heard in the city that you seek a bride for your son."


"This is true, Kwadwo. My son wishes to move away from the desert. He is a hard worker and a fine gardener. He would make a wonderful head of a household. I have not seen you here before. Where are you from."

"I live on a large island in the sea. My tribe is different than many of those in the desert. We neither sacrifice children not treat women as inferior. Men only have one wife. I have a daughter borne of my first wife. My first wife died trying to bear me another child. I now have another wife that has borne me two sons. My strength is not what it used to be, but my sons are too young to care for out crops and land. I wish to seek a husband for my daughter. A husband that will join out household and help me until my sons are older. When that happens, I will gift my daughter and her husband a piece of land of their own."

"And there will be no bride price in this arrangement?"

"No. I am man of honesty. I will sign an oath to swear all I have promised will happen."

"And if your daughter dies in childbed?"

"He will become as my son and still earn the land as vowed."

"My son must agree to this and meet your daughter."

"Agreed. My Yejide will meet and approve of your son."

"Please bring her this evening with your family. We will host a meal and entertainment."


Tirzah was sad that no one remembered she was growing up and she went to fish at one of the watering holes.


The men that Genesis hired in the city, showed up to work in the garden.


"Genesis, you must change into your finer clothes for the party your mother is hosting."

"Yes, dearest."


 Lilith was nervous but ready for the guests.


A fine meal had been prepared.


Delilah began to play music as the guests arrived.


Yejide was a forward woman and went immediately to meet this man her father wished her to consider marriage to.


Lilith had managed to persuade Tahash to change out of his skins for the guests. When he laid eyes on Yejide he was grateful. She was beautiful beyond his expectations.


While no one would say that Lilith's first party was of gold standard, it was lovely. With other guests in attendance as well, the conversation flowed well. Tahash and Yejide scarcely noticed the other guests though. They only had eyes for each other.



Both Delilah and Tirzah were sad that Tahash planned to leave the household. He was a good big brother to them.


Varinia decided to surprise her grandmother by digging up relics for her.


Tirzah loved nothing better than to fish every spare moment she had.


And Delilah was still besotted with making her music trill across the desert floor.


With help in the garden, Genesis now had time to sit and learn the game of strategy. Living in a fine house with his mother's gathered treasures displayed made him feel very blessed. While he knew Adam had worked hard, Genesis gave credit to his mother for her wisdom in planning.


To be able to take a part of their day to pursue their desires made them all feel a bit opulent.



Yejide's father and step-mother had returned home, but left Yejide with family to contiue her courtship with Tahash.





Before the sun had set, Tahash and Yejide were betrothed.


Lilith prepared a fine meal to celebrate.


It was a meal of mixed emotions: great joy for Tahash's happiness, but also sorrow for losing a brother to land  far way.



Even on the morning of his wedding, Tahash dutifully helped with the garden.


Everyone was excited about having the wedding in the city.


Tahash bathed and changed into finer clothes. He would be leaving his skins and tent behind.


"My dear son, you look so handsome. I shall miss you."


"You must come to the sea to visit us, Mother."


The wedding in the city was a splendid occasion.







They celebrated into the night hours.








When they returned home, Lilith felt the keen loss of losing a child striking out on his own. This was the first, but surely not the last. One by one they'd grow up and her baby birds would fly the nest.


Note: Delilah has now earned a total of $218 in tips. And level 10 has been achieved in cooking and  painting.



No comments:

Post a Comment