Thursday, June 23, 2016

Illness Plagues the Desert.

"Aunt Tirzah, would you really consider moving away to the sea?"

"Perhaps, Varinia. Nothing is certain. I think Kojo is handsome and kind, but perhaps he is not interested in me."

"I bet he's crazy about you."


"When I play this game I am learning how to plot against my enemies, Varnia"

"Your are child, Atticus. You don't have enemies."

"Oh, right."


Genesis and Annia still teased and laughed as a courting couple might.



"Let's go in town to shop, Genesis."

"Can't you go with Jair?"

"I think we should all go."


Going to town was fun for everyone. Delilah played her lyre and earned coins.


Tirzah fished.


Jair painted another family portrait at Atticus' insistence. Atticus wanted to be in the picture as he was the future head of the family.


Spending the day in town was enjoyable for the entire family.





 Tirzah aged to become a young adult. Her new trait was Goofball.


"Can you help me in the garden, Delilah?"



Jair loved spending time with Lilith, talking to her and entertaining her.



"Jair, I'm not feeling very well."


Genesis's gardeners still came out to help.


Annia led Lilith outside for some fresh air, hoping it might make the fever and spots go away.


Atticus dutifully attended to his school assignments.


Jair was completing his latest story "The Trees and the Bramble"* as he was overcome with a feverish heat.


Then Annia was overcome as well.


By the evening meal, Annia had broke out in spots as well.



Then Lilith broke out at spots again, sickness had descended upon the family.


Atticcus was happy that a new family portrait with him was hung on the wall.


One of the healer women told Lilith told her to bathe the illness away.




"I'm worried about Mother, Genesis. These illnesses are striking every family in the desert."


"Don't fret, Annia. The healer women have visited Mother. She will be fine."

\
While Tirzah was out fishing, she broke out in fever and stripes.



Lilith felt better after her bath and her appetite had returned.


Jair was excelling in writing.


Although the spots did not return, Lilith felt the fiery heat of a fever return. She resolved to say anything to the family. She didn't want them to worry.


She slipped up to her room to nap as the family went about their day.





Kojo arrived for a visit. He brought news that Tahash and Yejide now had a daughter named Marilla.


And set about courting Tirzah.




"Delilah, does it bother you that your younger sister will marry before you?"

"Truly, Mother, it does not. When I meet a man that loves the lyre as much as I, perhaps I will reconsider."


"Play for me, Daughter."



 By the time the candles were lit, Kojo and Tirzah were betrothed.


The family began to make wedding plans.


"Delilah, are you happy for Tirzah?"


"Yes, Annia, I am thrilled for her. I think we should do most of the preparations so that Mother is not to tired to enjoy herself. Her weak spells are worrisome."


*Excellent
Delilah has now earned a total of $1398 in playing the violin.

No comments:

Post a Comment